1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Is this possible?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by SilverSurf, Apr 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SilverSurf

SilverSurf Thread Starter

Hello All - One of my music editing programs became corrupt, I do not have the exe. file but have a backup of my hard drive on an external drive using Acronis. Is it possible to retrieve this one program from the backup?

Regards Silversurf

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

3. SilverSurf

Hello phantom010 - My Acronis version is Home 2011, using the links you gave I found the info for my version. I located the program I want to restore, highlighted it but the OK button did not activate. I am going to back up to USB all new stuff since the last backup then do a full recovery using Acronis then install the new stuff .

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Regards Silversurf

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

What music programs ????
    You will NOT be able to get the "Program install" files from the backup...
    Unless they were "Portable Applications"
    You will have to re-install them from the original source.

5. SilverSurf

Hello Noyb - The program is MP3Gain Pro (not to be confused with MP3 Gain) I purchased the program about two years ago and have a licence code. A few days ago when using the program a small window appeared saying ' program not verified' I thought the program had become corrupt so went to their website to discover they have released MP3Gain Pro 2018 which still supports XP but they say the licence code would not work for the new version, they offered a 60% discount to upgrade, before parting with my money I downloaded the free trial of the new version and a good job I did. The whole interface has changed and many features have been removed. So now I am looking for a replacement.

Regards Silversurf

6. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  7. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

I see that (MP3DoctorPro ... aka ... Mp3Gainpro) pro ...
    can change tempo, pitch, trim ...etc ...

I assume you know about the free Audacity ???
    What Features do you want?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  8. SilverSurf

Hello Noyb - Thanks very much for your time and help, much appreciated. The MP3 Gain Pro 2017 as the 2018 has the required feature removed, and the licence is not accepted. I have audacity but it will not do what my original MP3 Gain Pro version 107 would do. As a pro musician audio quality and tracks at the same level are important to me. MP3 Gain Pro previous to 2017 and 2018 had a unique and complicated way of normalising MP3's, not just levelling out the peaks and troughs as most normalisers do but would read all instruments and vocals and adjust each to the correct level. Sadly any version previous to 2017 and 2018 will not accept the licence code I have and the present available versions do not have the feature I need. Their support dept have ignored my emails. Have not as yet found anything that comes close to the feature that they have removed. Again thanks for your help.

Regards Silversurf

9. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

10. SilverSurf

Hello Noyb

From my other post:-
    I have downloaded all versions of MP3 Gain Pro and MP3 Doctor pro. The old versions tell me the program has expired and the new versions shows an error against all loaded MP3 tracks. Their website states the programs are OK for XP.

11. SilverSurf

Hello Noyb - UPDATE

Having tried every possibility to get this program working again today I disabled my internet connection, installed the program, entered my user name and licence code and the program is running perfect. Now if only there was a way to stop the program connecting to the internet.......

Regards Silversurf

12. Phantom010

13. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Hummmm .... All the time ... Even when not being used ???
    I use Winpatrol ... The first thing I'd do is make sure it's not added as a startup and the program is not running.

Attached Files:

• a1.jpg
      a1.jpg
      File size:
      146.2 KB
      Views:
    • a2.jpg
      a2.jpg
      File size:
      267 KB
      Views:
  14. SilverSurf

Hello Phantom010 - many thanks for giving that link, it's a good and easy procedure to follow.

Hello Noyb - The program is installed but only phones home when I run the program so I am happy to disable internet connection when I want to run the program after which I enable internet connection. So I consider that solved. Many thenks for all the help you have given me.

15. Phantom010

Glad all is well!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1209142

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice