Is this possible?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Norton121

Hello,

Bear with me ....this might sound a little crazy. I have a cable modem(located upstairs ) which I would like to connect to my Linksys 4 port router upstairs in my house to network with my bedroom PC's while I would like to connect my hub downstairs to the Linksys router upstairs through the uplink port on my hub to have connectivity to the internet in the living room. Now what I am wondering is if getting internet connectivity downstairs possible by using the uplink ports of the router and hub. Any advice is highly appreciated thanks. =)

Uplink port on hub to normal port on router - yes, should work assuming everything else is setup properly.

Norton121

Wow....ok....so it is uplink port on hub to normal port on router ....I see now why it didnt work.....Thanks alot you made my day =)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!