1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is This Type of Hacking Possible?

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by bizwiz2, Aug 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bizwiz2

bizwiz2 Thread Starter

My fiancé has gone through several phones because she says her phone, whichever one she has at the time, starts acting weird, like it's been hacked.

Her latest phone is a Galaxy note with the pen(don't remember if it's 8 or 9). It's brand new. After she called my phone (apple 10.3.3) hers starts acting weird.

The screen changed colors. Later, she made a call to some one else and had difficult hearing them. Then she called someone else and could hear a radio in the background, but they said they did not have a radio on & couldn't hear it.

She thinks my phone is somehow set up to mess with her phone. It seems like all her problems with all her previous phones also started either after she called me or I called her.

1. Is that possible?
    2. No one else has this issue when calling me. Is it possible to set something like this up to target one specific phone?

If it is possible,
    1. How do we find out if it has been done?
    2. How do we find who is responsible?
    3. How do we undo it?

One last thing I can mention. Sometimes when she's talking to me on my phone all of a sudden her last words will repeat like a broken record & then there will be some beeps & the call is dropped. (Ex: Are you going?...Are you going?...Are you going?...beep, beep, beep...call dropped). This has happened a number of times regardless of which of her phones she was using at the time.

Thanks.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    No, this is either a bad cell phone and maybe some bad cell service. Since the phone is new, take it back and get a replacement. If she's worried about someone messing with the replacement phone then she should password protected it and not give it to other people.

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    When she calls is she calling through wifi or cell data plan?
    If wifi, is she using a public hotspot?
    If data plan, which carrier is she using?

4. bizwiz2

bizwiz2 Thread Starter

She is using data plan through TMobile.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  6. bizwiz2

bizwiz2 Thread Starter

I don't think so.

7. bizwiz2

bizwiz2 Thread Starter

Just in case it wasn't clear in my original post, she thinks my phone is the problem, that somehow it has been rigged to hack her phone. She says that every time she gets a phone, it's fine until she calls me or I call her.

8. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    If it were your phone surely any one who calls you would have a problem, not just her. Unless you never call any one else nor receive any calls on your iPhone!

If it were a problem with an android phone calling an iPhone or vice-versa, you would see lots of complaints.

I have an android phone and call people who use iPhones with no problem. My carrier is not TMobile.

There is something else going on and she needs to get to the bottom of her phone usage since it appears to happen to her on different phones.

9. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Well did you rig your phone to do that? If not then no. And that's not how 'hacking' works, you don't just call someone and their Phoenix messes up your phone.

Maybe it's time she gets a new SIM card or a different cell provider.

10. bizwiz2

bizwiz2 Thread Starter

OK, thanks.

I didn't think such a thing was possible, but I wanted to make sure.

Plodr, when you say she needs to get to the bottom of her phone usage, what do you have in mind? Whether or not she has wifi turned on? Something else?

11. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Frankly, I haven't a clue. She needs to go to a TMobile store and explain how every phone she uses has a problem when accepting or calling one iPhone.

Since I don't use TMobile and I've never had a problem, I wouldn't know where to look for a problem that doesn't exist for me.

12. Volstein

Volstein

Such things happen when your phone is on the tap. Had the same issue and when I changed the phone it stopped.

13. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Do you mean that one person is taping the phone conversation?

14. bizwiz2

bizwiz2 Thread Starter

Her problems aren't just with my phone. But my phone seems to trigger them. Then they happen with any phone.

15. bizwiz2

bizwiz2 Thread Starter

Are you saying my phone is tapped, or hers? How would I find who's doing the tapping?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!