1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Is Tuneup Utilities Safe?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Tankmaster, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tankmaster

Tankmaster Banned Thread Starter

I just wanna know because most programs that mess with the registry are not recommended.

Like Advanced System Optimizer. A totally worthless program.

I wanna know if Tuneup Utilities is another one of those Problem creating software rather than problem solver.

2. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

Since it is heavy on the registry thing, I would not touch it.

3. Tankmaster

Tankmaster Banned Thread Starter

Any other comments.

4. James4630

James4630

Tune-up Utilities has some useful programs (not the registry cleaner). As with most utility programs I've come across, they are not worth the price, because you can assemble the utilities yourself for free. If your knowledgeable you can do the tweaks yourself or with tweakUI.

5. zbd21

zbd21

6. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

Tankmaster:

Don't waste your time or money on cleaner/optimizer/booster programs - especially the ones that allow you to "clean" the registry. They do nothing to improve speed or performance. What they can do is break programs and the operating system and possibly leave you with a non-functioning computer.

----------------------------------------------------------------

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/898614