Is win 8 is better then win 7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Luvmehra

Is win 8 is better then win 7 i Have System with 4gb ram and 500gb rom with inter pentium 2.4ghz it good to continue with win 8
I use adobe softs and also have high internet usage.

TerryNet

Terry
Windows 7 loses Microsoft support next year but Windows 8 lost support years ago. For that reason alone I'd say that Windows 8 is not better than Windows 7. I was frustrated with Windows 8 when it was the latest Microsoft product, and would have had a hard time choosing if that had been necessary.

You didn't ask, but a related question would be about Windows 7 vs. Windows 8.1. I chose to go forward as long as possible with Windows 8.1 because it will be supported three years longer and I have it configured to be pretty much like Windows 7.

From MS: Windows 8, and will reach end of Mainstream Support on January 9, 2018, and end of Extended Support on January 10, 2023. I had windows 8.1 on my work computer and had no problems. They changed me to a Win 10 only because one program that was needed couldn't be updated on 8.1.

TerryNet

Terry
Windows 8, and will reach end of Mainstream Support on January 9, 2018, and end of Extended Support on January 10, 2023.
Do you have a link for that? Pretty sure that's true for 8.1, but 8 was declared "dead" at least two years ago.

TerryNet

Terry
Look again. :) The dates you quoted are for Windows 8.1; I see nothing there about Windows 8 except for the sales dates.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Client operating systems End of mainstream support End of extended support
Windows 8.1 January 9, 2018 January 10, 2023

peterh40

Peter
If you have Windows 8, you can upgrade it to Windows 8.1 for free via the Windows Store tile button.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I have just updated my Windows 8.1 laptop with 8 updates including some for Office.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts