Is Windows 11 much better than 10?

Johnny b

John
Win 11 is still in development.
At the moment, anyone using Win 11 is essentially a Beta tester.
But isn't that the way with most of MS early releases? ( ;) )
The release version is yet to come, followed by a long trail of upgrades and fixes.

As usual, some will like the changes, some won't.
'Better' is rather subjective.

Since Win 11 won't install on any of my present computers and I'm not of a mind to buy or build a new computer just to get the latest from MS, I'm in the 'No' camp automatically.
I have tried WIn 10 but I prefer Puppy Linux for all my Internet connectivity.
I strongly suspect the same would apply with Win 11.

For me, though, still using Win 7Pro as a stand alone computer, the question would be, is Win 11 better than Win 7Pro.
Again, for me.....'No'.
It does exactly what I want and need from it.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
According to Microsoft, the official release date for Windows 11 is October 5th - 24 days from now.
All of my computers are older than 7th generation, and only the 6th generation ones have TPM 2.0.
That means none of them meet the necessary system requirements to install and use Windows 11.

I found a way to install and test Windows 11 for about 2 weeks, and I personally didn't like it.
There are many visual and other changes that will make it challenging for many people who have gotten used to Windows 10.
Windows 7 support doesn't end until January 2023 and Windows 10 support doesn't end until October 2025.
Because of that, I'm in no hurry to purchase newer generation computers for the sole purpose of using Windows 11.

--------------------------------------------------

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Yawn. :whistle: I'll keep using Win10 for some time, I see no reason to jump into the Win11 arena since it would mean replacing my perfectly good machine!

texasbullet

Ramon
What I would recommend is to download Windows 11 either on DVD or USB and then change the HDD to whatever amount of GB you want and install Windows 11 in it and any updates plus your programs you have and try it out for a few days or months. If you don't like Windows 11 then you can just swap the HDD and you have not lost nothing at all.

smarttr1

Win 11 is still in development.
At the moment, anyone using Win 11 is essentially a Beta tester.
But isn't that the way with most of MS early releases? ( ;) )
The release version is yet to come, followed by a long trail of upgrades and fixes.

As usual, some will like the changes, some won't.
'Better' is rather subjective.

Since Win 11 won't install on any of my present computers and I'm not of a mind to buy or build a new computer just to get the latest from MS, I'm in the 'No' camp automatically.
I have tried WIn 10 but I prefer Puppy Linux for all my Internet connectivity.
I strongly suspect the same would apply with Win 11.

For me, though, still using Win 7Pro as a stand alone computer, the question would be, is Win 11 better than Win 7Pro.
Again, for me.....'No'.
It does exactly what I want and need from it.
Thank you so much

whether it is better or worse, depends on the users perception and the computer. there is no real answer that would fit everyone.

Johnny b

John
whether it is better or worse, depends on the users perception and the computer. there is no real answer that would fit everyone.
:) Agree.

I do think that computer hardware has evolved and continues to evolve for the better.
But the same still applies, when are they 'good enough'.....and that depends on personal usage.
Currently, my hardware upgrades usually involve replacing something that wore out or failed, lol.
And even then, a refurb can and does meet my present needs.
But they aren't for everyone nor the Linux I run on it.

11 Stinks. Win Me all over again. At least Vista had a place with high end users. 11 is just nasty.

Windows 11 is good, much like Windows 10 and is a bit heavy on resources. The talk is that it is a performance optimised OS. It will be fast and give you a good user experience.

This is what I understand about Windows 11. I have an instance of Windows 11 running on my machine.

I can make 11 look exactly like 10. Maybe after it has been out a while and drivers are up to speed it'll be better. I went back due to crashes in games as well as some things they done completely away with. This PC/My Computer is totally missing.
I found it hard to figure which drive has what on it and how much space is available. I like to open up the entire PC in one screen. All optical drives as well as storage and the OS drives. It's not there unless they hid it so well I can't find it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online