Is Your System Windows Vista Premium Ready?

Is Your System Windows Vista Premium Ready?

• Yes

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

MMJ

I thought it would be interesting to make a poll out of this.

Have three comps built within the past 18 months and all will handle Vista quite well. The Vista compatibility test says there will be problems with some software programs and printer and scanner. I probably won't touch Vista for a year or two, if then, as I have read nothing that would make me want to make the change. IMHO Vista is a bloated OS offering little reason to upgrade, akin to 98FE to SE. In fact, getting ready to buy a Three Pack of XP OEM disc for future builds plus getting to like Linux more every day.:)

Yep:
AMD Sempron 3000+ 64bit
1gb RAM
ATI Radeon x1600 Pro - 512mb
350gb total HDD space
DVD-RW drive

Easy. Now to pay for it...

Gabriel

Account Closed
Wino said:
Have three comps built within the past 18 months and all will handle Vista quite well. The Vista compatibility test says there will be problems with some software programs and printer and scanner. I probably won't touch Vista for a year or two, if then, as I have read nothing that would make me want to make the change. IMHO Vista is a bloated OS offering little reason to upgrade, akin to 98FE to SE. In fact, getting ready to buy a Three Pack of XP OEM disc for future builds plus getting to like Linux more every day.:)
I'm gonna wait awhile too. Probably i will get a really good laptop that has it already on it...but I still will wait

PCG342

Banned
933 MHz Pentium III
512 MB RAM
ATI Radeon 9200 128 MB PCI
Intel Integrated Audio
DirectX 9.0C
32.7 and 18.6 HD
Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-111D

Not even close!

1.80Ghz Celeron D. (32 bit 'course.)
256MB RAM...(Pathetically tiny I know.)
Intel integrated graphics. (Wha?!)
Soundmax integrated audio stuff.
DirectX 9.0C
40GB Hdd
CD-RW, CD-rom, no DVD-RW/rom. (Planning on getting one soon, hopefully.)

MMJ

Right Click on your desktop
click on properties
click on the settings tab
click on advanced
click on adapter

What does it say next to Memory size:

MMJ said:
Right Click on your desktop
click on properties
click on the settings tab
click on advanced
click on adapter

What does it say next to Memory size:
256 MBs ATI RADEON EXPRESS 200

Mine, for some weird reason as commented by the Vista Upgrade Advisor, will be able to run the business version. (Probably because I got it from my high school.)

I am running ultimate with all the bells and whistles cranked. :) I gotta admit, I am confused as hell but it sure looks pretty. :p

LOL, I have learned quite a bit about vista since 3 pm eastern and I am going to be stumbling around for a few days/weeks until I find out where everything is hidden.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online