1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ISAPNP Read Data Port conflict with LPT2

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thecrhonical, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecrhonical

thecrhonical Thread Starter

I recently bought a MRI PCI-PP2 (dual parallel port) card and installed in my PC running Win2K. It seems that "ISAPNP Read Data Port" is occupying address 0279 so the parallel ports are getting assigned addresses in the range Bxxx.

I am trying to use an ARM Multi-ICE probe and this doesn't like parallel ports sitting at non-standard addresses.

Anybody know how I can free up the LPT2 address so that the MRI card can use the standard port addresses?

Thanks.

2. s3a0tt3r

s3a0tt3r

Crhonical,
    Did you ever get this resolved?

3. thecrhonical

thecrhonical Thread Starter

s3a0tt3r,
    No I didn't. I don't think it is possible to specify the address for these plug&play cards.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271547

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice