1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iSCSI Implementation

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Johnny5, May 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Johnny5

Johnny5 Thread Starter

I am interested in implementing an iSCSI SAN test using one of my Win2kSP4 servers as a target and using the iSCSI Initiator free from Microsoft to form the connection. I am having trouble finding any clear information on how to actually do this. I also am very interested in any freeware iSCSI target software, performing the functions of something like WinTarget. Does anyone know of a freeware target software, or know of where to get a decent step by step on how to implement this type of thing?
    Thanks!
    Johnny5

2. 10forcash

10forcash

Johnny5,
    try this http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,10680,00.asp not done it myself, but SAN is the way forward, if this thread is still live, let me know how you get on, otherwise PM me. I mainly use NAS as I do a lot of temporary installations, however, i've got a major datacentre coming up so i'd be interested in its viability
    Cheers,
    10forcash

3. Johnny5

Johnny5 Thread Starter

Yeah, looks like that thread is dead, hasnt been posted in 8 months. They wanted to stay focused on Fibre Channel too. I am looking to do probably the most bare iSCSI implementation: make one server talk to another using the iSCSI protocol. I want to try a backup over the wire. Just to see it in action. Then I may invest in a dedicated target machine or device. So I am looking to get into it for as low a cost as possible, say: free? just to test it out. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    again,
    Johnny5

4. 10forcash

10forcash

5. 10forcash

10forcash

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/232386

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice