ISDN related questions

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ScorpionKing

Can anyone answer these questions for me? I have an interview and I need to know these answers by tomorrow! Please help if you can. Thank you.

1) What is the difference between old ISDN (microlink) and new ISDN (onramp)?

2) What reasons would a customer buy an ISDN service instead of Digital Leased Line?

3) What reasons would a customer buy a Frame Relay service instead of Digital Leased Line?

4) What are some of the customer applications suited to Frame Relay?

ISDN = It Still Does Nothing

1) ISDN is ISDN and the microlink is a ISDN modem or router and onramp is a service provider. There are different ways to buy the service and the bandwidth you want 64K or 128K.

2)Cost!!!

3)Frame relay is scalable and less expensive than DLS. DLS is scalable also but is meant for businesses with high bandwidth needs. Both are used for poit to point connections.

4)Frame relay can be used in pretty much any WAN application.

If this is for a test in school disregard everything I just told you because it is a lie.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!