1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ISO Combining Problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ccs88, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ccs88

ccs88 Thread Starter

Hi there. I have no idea if any of you can help me, but I figured I'd test my luck :)

I have this old PC game that was a 5-disc install. You put the first disc in, then it asks to put in the second disc and press "ok", then the third, fourth, and fifth in the same manner, and finally it asks for disc 1 again to complete the install. This is all fine and dandy if you are not lazy. I happen to be lazy, and I want to let some friends try the game as well without the hassle of a 5-disc install. I feel like they would give up before they even played it.

So, here's what I did. I took the ISOs from each disc and combined all the files into 1 big ISO, and burned it to a DVD. It works for the most part, and it doesn't ask for any discs throughout the installation, EXCEPT at the end it still asks for the first disc. When this prompt comes up, you can just leave the path empty and press "ok" and it will complete the install.

It works, yes... but it makes no sense to have a single DVD, and at the end of the install it still asks for "disc 1" which is really the DVD that's already in there.

Does anyone know while file I need to edit or delete that is making this prompt come up? :confused:

If it helps, the first disc has most of the files, and the other 4 just have "Autorun" "NoAutorun" and a CAB file.

2. TechieNow

TechieNow

Firstly you can try UltraISO, just open the first file and add it to a new project and then add the second, third, so on and so forth. hope this help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1063095