1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ISO files?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Dan207, Nov 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dan207

Dan207 Thread Starter

What can I do with these files? Can I take them and burn them onto a cd and make it readable to windows??

2. Rockn

Rockn

That's what they are for. They are CD images and most CDR software can use them to burn a CD.

3. Dan207

Dan207 Thread Starter

Well I have just one big iso file and I burnt it to a disc and nothing happend when I reloaded the disc...what to do??

4. Rockn

Rockn

What application are you using?

5. Dan207

Dan207 Thread Starter

Nero burning...I set the disc up for udf/iso, and burn....then I take the cd and try and load it...nothing happens

6. Rockn

Rockn

After you burn the CD, can you go into WIndoze Explorer and see the files on the CD? If you can, look for an autorun.inf file. The problem is probably with the way you are doing the burn. Go to their web site and look at the FAQ...explains it in detail.

http://www.nero.com/en/cfaqs.htm#q01

7. Dan207

Dan207 Thread Starter

The file itself looks like this:
    >>>>myturo1.iso.exe
    I double click it and it say its not a valid win32 application.
    I'm running win98se.
    Is there software to safely open this type of file>>>???

8. Rockn

Rockn

Some knucklehead changed the file extension to .exe. On your hard drive, right click the file name and select rename. Take the .exe off of the end of the file name and try to burn it again with the directions I sent you in the previous post.

9. Dan207

Dan207 Thread Starter

Windows still recognizes it as an application, and I still do not know how to change it...

10. Dan207

Dan207 Thread Starter

i look under properties and it says its an archive..what if I change it to a read only, would that get rid of the "exe" part??

11. Rockn

Rockn

You need to rename the file like I stated previously, I don't think I told you to look at the files properties.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59711

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice