1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ISO - Utility to create CD Recovery Set

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Shairel, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shairel

Shairel Thread Starter

want to make 'quickrestore' cds for customer computers that are end user friendly
    I know drive image and ghost can do this..but here's the hard part, I want something that's either part of windows itself, or a freeware / adware program to do this
    Basically I want to make these restore CD's legally, and be able to distribute them with new computers without any legal hassles, and without having to shell out for a copy of ghost for each computer, or drive image for each computer. Any input would be appreciated
    Shai

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

3. Ash_11

Ash_11

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

http://www.windowspc.com/start.pl?page=/system/DrvImagerXP.htm

DrvImagerXP makes backups (image files) of NTFS and FAT32 drive partition structures (as well as floppy disks), for the Windows 2000/XP operating systems, by copying, byte-for-byte, the drive partition sectors. And when not using file compression, can do this very quickly, much faster than copying files. You'll never have to install your operating system again! You can install it, make all your option changes and get it just right, then use DrvImagerXP to create a partition image that you could name "Fresh Install". If you need to go back to a brand new fresh installation of your operating system, you can restore the partition using the "Fresh Install" image in just a few minutes! You can make partition images of different operating systems and swap them in and out at will! Save floppy disk images for faster copying, or for archives. Save the image file as multiple zipped files. Span an image file over multiple CDs/DVDs. Though not as powerful and flexible as "Drive Image" or "Ghost" drive imaging programs, the simplicity, yet powerful capabilities of DrvImagerXP make it the favorite choice for many. Click a button to download (in the background) the latest DrvImagerXP updates from the Lexun Freeware web site! Also included are tips on using xcopy for many situations where DrvImagerXP is not an option! DrvImagerXP is freeware! Pass it around! Give it to your friends! Featured on TechTV in Australia! People are using it all over the world!

5. Ash_11

Ash_11

Thanks Johnwill, for you very pleasant and extremly useful reply.

6. JohnWill

Let us know if it works out, I've downloaded it, but I haven't had the chance to try it yet. :)

7. mobo

mobo

Is anyone else having a problem withthat download ?

8. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Seems to be dead.

And when you remove the file name from the link it redirects to some floral site.

9. JohnWill

I see it does that now, so maybe I have the only copy in captivity! :D I wonder if it sprouts a floral arrangement when you launch it? :D:D:D

10. mobo

mobo

Pitunias perhaps :D

11. Shairel

Shairel Thread Starter

aw dammit it seemed so good too..maybe the wayback engine has it

12. Lance1

Lance1

Click here to download DrvImagerXP!

Lance.

DrvImagerXP

13. mobo

mobo

Thanks lance...Looks like a good program. I'll have to give it a try on the next reformat .

14. JohnWill

I'd sure like to hear back if this actually works. I'd like to have something in my pocket after the supply of $10 NSW Pro copies gives out for clients! :D

15. mobo

mobo

I'm going to burn one later tonoght John if all goes well and I'll let you know how the cd turns out.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163381

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice