1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IsoBuster, Any good Clue to perform this program?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Cosmos2011, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cosmos2011

Cosmos2011 Thread Starter

Hello:
    As I posted previously, I still have a hard time to recover data which recorded 'Funai.' Strange enough, the recorded program which apparently a defective or scratched DVD-R can read two of 'Funais,' although I can not copy this DVD by using Roxio, .... saying due to scratch, fingerprint or dust.
    btw) I cleaned the DVD by using DVD cleaning machine I already have.

After that, I purchased 'IsoBuster' program in my attempt to 'enable to read DVD.' I tried several times following its instruction, however it's still not able to read DVD/scratched or defective. On IsoBuster web-site, it's designed for Data recovering 'scratched DVD.'

Is any one on this board has any clue for 'IsoBuster' program?

Thanks,

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

3. Cosmos2011

Thanks,
    Nothing can do due to the drive does not show.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    To select a drive you simply have to use the drop down box on the top left-hand side. All the devices found during the system scan are listed there.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Any idea on this would be truly appreciated.

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Is the drive accessible in Windows? If yes, don't know what to tell you. I've never experienced that problem with IsoBuster. If no, the computer needs to be able to detect the drive before any software will be able to.

5. Cosmos2011

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The computer/all of Win 7s detects the drive/G which is Verbatim. It reads and writes any CD/DVD disks, however, only this, the troublesome DVD recorded by 'Funai' can not be accessible. Roxio also, trying to make a copy for this, however, again, ... saying, fingerprint, dust or scratch.
    I never experienced this issue since I've been using Roxio, then I'm totally puzzled by this.

6. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Would "Funai" have copy-protected the disk somehow ... enough so, or in a way so that Roxio thinks there is a "fingerprint, dust or scratch"?

7. Cosmos2011

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    No, I can copy all of programs which is not copy-protected.
    IsoBuster is as follow, although it's hard to see. Any clues on this would be very grateful.
    upload_2018-1-9_9-2-19.png

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!