1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ISP Comercials - Anyone else Annoyed?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Omega_Shadow, Feb 4, 2005.

Advertisement
  1. Omega_Shadow

Omega_Shadow Thread Starter

Between AOL, MSN, NetZero, EarthLink and NetScape all you ever see is ISP commercials. Lets not forget Comcast and various Cable companies throwing their weight around and SBC-Yahoo trying to get a toehold on the market. Every other commercial is either for an ISP or those damn Jamster cell phone downloads (those are discussed in another thread)

I also find it funny the way they are attacking each other. Examples:

Comcast Cable Attacks SBC-Yahoo (they are slower then us)
    SBC - Yahoo Attacks Comcast Cable (they are overpriced)
    EarthLink Attacks everyone (we are just better then everyone else....somehow....)
    Netscape Attacks NetZero (We are cheaper then NetZero Plantium!! Whoo!)
    NetZero Attacks AOL (AOL IS THE ANTICHRIST!!!)
    MSN Attacks itself (We are Microsoft....Resistance is futile)
    AOL in its own little world (we are the only ISP out there, right?)

2. barfly

barfly

3. CoasterFreak

CoasterFreak

First Name:
    Everett
    that's great! but let's not forget about Verizon Online DSL.

Comcast Attacks Verizon....(they are slower than us becuz we work at a whooping 4mbps vs Verizon's 768kbps)
    Verizon Attacks Comcast....(bet you can't have unlimited Internet Access through dial up, can you comcast?? huh, huh?) lol

And MSN just doesn't stand a chance on its own. it only gets by because Verizon is too lazy to design its own browser and service, so they have to use .net

4. Omega_Shadow

Omega_Shadow Thread Starter

Verizon who? :confused:
    Ha ha :D :p

I like that now after all these ISP companies started aggressive marketing that AOL STILL acts like it's the only viable internet choice.

Oh, remember this one: "Do you have a Cable or Broadband Connection? Get AOL Broadband to protect your computer...."

Ok, let me get this right. You want me to pay you so much a month to place your screwy software on my computer that will most likely cause more errors then anything I will get online? No thanx

5. poochee

poochee

Since I use a local company, I don't pay any attention to the ads. My ISP is softcom.net. No pop-ups and an excellent SPAM/virus filter. I have dial-up and will reach the internet in 45secs. I could get Dial Broad Band for a dollar more a month but don't need it. I have a Pavilion 2 computer so it works fast. I pay $40.50 Quarterly. The service is excellent. Wouldn't touch any of the large ISPs.

6. Big-K

Big-K

I noticed all this too. ISP commercials have become the new cell phone provider commercial, which was the new long-distance call commercial(you know, ATT, Sprint, 1-200, etc.), which was probably the new version of something else.

I've actually noticed that those jamster commercials are being copied, although they are the most annoying version of it. There's dirty hippo, zippo, and some others. And they're all in the same format, amazing(to get the blankity blank, click create message and send '' to #).

7. coderitr

coderitr

The problem I have is the lack of competition. The city I live in has their own telephone company right between areas covered by Bellsouth and Bellsouth. I pay extra on my phone bill each month to make Charlotte a local call. I can't get Bellsouth DSL so I'm paying whatever the phone company feels like charging me this month. The more bandwidth for less money revolution has left me behind.

8. bobc

bobc

I find the jamster pop-ups to be the most annoying. Lycos has them plastered all over their email pages and it makes reading your email into a most unpleasant experience. If anyone knows how to supress them, without just turning the volume down, I'd be most grateful.

9. bkdc

bkdc

I think that most all commercials are annoying especially when they run the same one over & over & over & over again within a 30 min slot. (n)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326822

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice