1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ISP messed up my ping??

Discussion in 'Networking' started by turbow5, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. turbow5

turbow5 Thread Starter

Make this short but I'm suppose to have 60 ping, however I get 80-90. Isn't bad but i wish it was better. Then my ISP (windstream) did some update or something on the main line and cut all its customers off for a week and then they got it fixed. Corse the first thing I did was game and i notice my ping was 120.

I know ping is how long it takes for the computer to talk to server and the server to respond. But it's been a month after and now its at 130-140 and I'm starting to die because of the lagg.

Any idea's on how to make it even a little better? I don't see the point in calling the ISP because my friends done it over 10 times and they literally do nothing about it.

Also I am connected to the closest server.

2. srhoades

srhoades

Nothing you can do. If your ISP is not routing their traffic efficiently then you just have to live with it.

3. aguyinaskimask

aguyinaskimask

I work for an ISP. If they won't fix it, go Corporate. You will get attention.

4. turbow5

turbow5 Thread Starter

What do you mean corporate?

I've never gone past ISP's helpline so explain that a bit please?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1054135