1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ISP question

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by bhamlinda, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bhamlinda

bhamlinda Thread Starter

Not sure I'm on the right forum.
    I've been using joi and have not experienced joy :D
    From www.freedomlist.com I found a site that rates ISP's for different areas.
    They rated www.toast.net 5 stars.
    They only rated earthlink 2 stars for here ( I know EL works well in some areas - this is not one of them though).
    Just thought I'd ask if anyone has ever heard of this.
    Thanks ;)

2. pedroguy

pedroguy

Hi:I am in Calif.and use Juno and am pretty pleased with the service.Is $9.95/mo unlimited.They have nationwide tel #'s so wherever you are,there should be a number close,and if you are using a laptop travelling,having nationwide #'s is very important.The link that you gave did not list Juno in Calif,which I found kind of puzzling.
    I have friends who use a local ISP that is in their area in the Sierras and they are pleased with that,so it really depends on your network use needs.

3. bhamlinda

bhamlinda Thread Starter

Thanks pedroguy!
    Juno didn't have a great rating for the B'ham AL area though - I really think different ISP's work well in different areas.
    I have internet friends who use Earthlink and love it - I'd go to AOL first. Slap my face!
    My real problem is I got spoiled by having the best ISP alive who didn't change enough, and then they died - poor me :D I've been whining for 3 years now.
    I'm hoping to find someone who has used toast and liked it. ;)

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    AOL is the worst, while their connection speed and support may be good their software is the worst and a huge resource waste. There's always some compatiblity issues going on with AOL.

While these rating sites are good, they're not acurate and rely on people's comments, reports, reviews. Unfortanetly some people have a bad experiences with a company and thats the only view you'll see - ie. my view of AOL. Ask your local friends and neighbours and see what kind of connection speeds, support, up-time they get, then you'll get a good view of local ISP's and service.

5. pedroguy

pedroguy

Hi:Just personal opinion and friends who have used it opinion,AOL would not be your best choice.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220745

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice