Issue accessing security cameras from app? (Read for more)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tygarc

Hello!

I am an IT Administrator for a local business, and we recently had a large storm. We were required to replace all existing networking gear. Our security camera system is now unable to be viewed via app. I have tried so many things that it is not even funny at this point - it is ridiculous.

I have tried opening the ports on the Arris, but a port scan reveals they are in fact closed. I don't see a place to open ports on the Netgear - does this mean that we should purchase a new router, other than the Netgear? (Personally, I prefer something other than it but..)

Network/Camera setup:

NETWORK:

- Arris router (ISP provided w/ coax going into it)

- Netgear smart (Business bought , Arris connects to this which this then projects a 2.4ghz and a 5ghz wireless network, along with a 2.4ghz guest wireless connection.

CAMERA:

- One "Platnium" DVR - Configured network correctly
- One "Platnium" NVR - Configured network correctly

I need to know how to fix this issue that I am having.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to reply.

Thank you so much!

TerryNet

Terry
I have tried opening the ports on the Arris, but a port scan reveals they are in fact closed.
Obviously your first issue. Learn how to open those ports, or get ISP help if you mean that they have the modem/router locked down.

I don't see a place to open ports on the Netgear
Really? "Virtual server" is other terminology sometimes used.

does this mean that we should purchase a new router
Probably not. You just got two new routers, right (according to your second sentence above)?

tygarc

Obviously your first issue. Learn how to open those ports, or get ISP help if you mean that they have the modem/router locked down.

Really? "Virtual server" is other terminology sometimes used.

Probably not. You just got two new routers, right (according to your second sentence above)?
I understand, but this is a "smart router" so it does not let you open. If I open on the arris, in which they are plugged in to, I shouldn't need to open on Netgear, correct? I have opened the ports, but they still say unopened. The rudeness is not appreciated, buddy. Leave the thread unanswered if you are going to reply in an unfriendly way. Thanks.

TerryNet

Terry
If I open on the arris, in which they are plugged in to, I shouldn't need to open on Netgear, correct?
Uh, right. But it wasn't obvious that the cameras were not connected to the Netgear. I inferred that they were connected there since you talked about opening ports there.

The rudeness is not appreciated
What rudeness?

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What Netgear product are we talking about here? What's the model number? I've never heard of a Netgear "smart" router. Now under Netgear's business class product line called ProSafe, there is a line of smart managed switches. These are switches that can be configured/managed through a web GUI.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online