1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

issue w/ Flash Player and streamed video

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by stlcard87, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stlcard87

stlcard87 Thread Starter

hey guys, new to the forum and i have one quick issue i cant seem to resolve myself.

Just got a new Vaio laptop. Windows 7 home 64-bit. i5 processor. I use firefox as prime browser, IE as backup. both are 32-bit browser versions.

I can get some video to stream properly, aka netflix & comcast. However i am having issues with sport highlight clips and youtube videos.

The audio and stream runs perfect and fluent, but the picture is messed up with a strange choppy rainbow effect. The colors distort and stuff.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing adobe flash 10 with little luck. Ive tried previous versions as well aka 9 and back, but cannot bypass the "need to update flash warning"

I am running a 64-bit OS windows 7. with this version of flash-
    Adobe Flash Player 10.1.102.64

For some reason 64-bit is all you can get via sony's customize shop experience.

Any help you guys can give is greatly appreciated. I can post a screen shot if necessary.

second off topic question. do they not make a Win7 32-bit version? i understand the basic premise of a 64bit being potentially faster (assuming your running 64 programs and a tech savy person), but why would sony limit the OS options to 64 only? :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974384

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice