1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Issue with 4od and drm

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Hugh77, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hugh77

Hugh77 Thread Starter

When trying to stream or download a tv program from 4od (channel 4 on demand) a message pops up telling me

"We have detected a problem with your Digital Rights Management (DRM) store files. Click Continue for instructions on how to fix the problem."

the link it provides goes to the microsoft FAQs for windows media player/DRM. This is whats it tells me to do to reset my DRM system
    Verify that Windows is configured to show hidden files and protected operating system files.

If your computer is running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, you should also stop the Media Center receiver service by typing net stop ehrecvr at a command prompt.

Open the Windows Media DRM folder. This folder is usually at C:\public\DRM.

If you cannot find the DRM folder, do the following:

In Windows, click Start, and then click Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit, and then click OK.

In Registry Editor, click the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DRM.

Double-click the DataPath value. The path to the DRM folder is displayed in the right column.

In the Windows Media DRM folder, select and delete all of the files, and then restart the computer.

To download new media usage rights for a file, start the Player and play the file. The Player will contact the online store and attempt to download new rights.

If you want to download rights for a lot of files, you can also contact your online store to find out if the store provides the ability to restore or renew rights for all files that you have obtained from the store.

After a lot of trouble i have located the DRM folder however it contains no files. This is confusing me as prior to finding the empty folder i searched DRM into the windows search tool and found lots of files with DRM in the title. At the end i suppose its a simple question ...How do you get 4od to work when this error message pops up "We have detected a problem with your Digital Rights Management (DRM) store files."?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!