1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

issue with camming

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by WickedMaiden, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WickedMaiden

WickedMaiden Thread Starter

I have a Philips Toucam webcam that has a built in mic. My OS is Windows XP. It is a USB cam. My cam ran fine up until about 2 weeks ago. I use it for MSN Messenger mainly, but I also have used it for yahoo. One day I tried to start a video chat, I got mic but no video. So i unplugged it and plugged it back in. It didn't help. So I tried redoing the audio video wizard and that didn't help. I uninstalled and reinstalled the software and hardware. The hardware wizard recognized the cam and said it was installed and ready to use. I try again, and same thing. I have mic but no video. So I assumed it was the cam and I bought a new one. I installed the software, then rebooted and plugged the cam into the USB port, and the hardware wizard recognized it and said cam was installed and ready to use. I tried a video chat, and no video. The messages I get are the cam is either already in use or not connected. I know it wasn't in use already and I know it was connected. I hooked up each cam on my other computer, which also uses Windows XP, and both worked fine. I thought maybe it was USB ports, but my keyboard is a USB and it worked fine in every port I plugged it into. I had thought maybe it was video card, but I had been told if that was the case I wouldn't be able to play my online RPG game, which I have no issues with. I tried updating drivers for the video and the USB ports, but I got messages saying the drivers I have were the most recent. Reformatting didn't help. What else can I try?

2. wilson44512

wilson44512

look in your device manager. and see if there are any yellow question marks

3. WickedMaiden

WickedMaiden Thread Starter

There is no yellow question mark or anything. All looks normal in device manager.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650603

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice