issue with conversion of file types!!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lala56

hi!
this query will seem a bit awkward at first, but it has to do with conversion from .avi files to a DVD file, and the issue i think has to do with windows xp and not with the software i am using, hence, my question in this part of the forum:

whenever i am converting a file from .avi to DVD video using NERO or even AVI 2 DVD software, in the the conversion process my computer just shuts down randomly, I know this cannot be an issue with the softwares I am using becasue NERO converted from avi to dvd fine just 2 weeks back and now, something's messed up.

Could it be that I uninstalled some other software and the uninstallation deleted some important files that were needed by windows xp? could i have uninstalled some codecs or something required for such a conversion process?

basically, why the hell is my computer just randomly shutting down (u have no clue how much that can just piss you off .... ) how can i fix this problem, like, would system restore help? or how else can i download some missing files etc for windows that can prevent this from happening?

anyway (im calm now) pleeease help, it will be much much appreciated,
thanks

heres some info on my comp.
-Windows XP home edition, pentium 4 ...

also, if you have any questions regarding my query, please post here so that i can help you help me ... hehe

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online