1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Issue with headphones/sound using Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by danjakhak, Jan 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danjakhak

danjakhak Thread Starter

Hello,

A few days ago, our PC (Windows 10) began having an issue with sound. It’s seems to be a weird glitch.

The machine is a Dell desktop with AMD Ryzen.

For example, if a YouTube video is playing (cd, game, or anything with sound)….As soon as headphones are plugged IN…the video quits and you get an error.

I feel like I’ve tried everything. (reinstalling the drivers / checking the MIcrosoft Audio Services / changing the setup)..But, nothing has worked yet….and it’s driving me friggin nuts.

According to the device manager, the devices are working properly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. bigk

bigk

What's the error?

I found when I plug in headphones windows 10 defaults to muting the sound automatically. Perhaps this is whats happening? Check your sound in the corner when plugging in your headphones. Take a look at my screenshot for reference.

blog-1-18-2016-TheStartButtonInWindows10.png

[​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1239115

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice