Issue with Optical Drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bikinimorfar

I've got my SATA cable connected properly and the cables from the PSU ( don't know the name ) are connected properly.
Even though everything is connected properly, I can't get my Optical Drive to start ( the Drive still opens and the light is still green when I open it but the Disc is not showing up in my Computer section )

I'm trying to install the Drivers for my new graphics card via the CD that came with GPU but since it's not responding there is nothing I can do.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
it is BEST to install the drivers from the card manufacturer's website, rather than use the CD . The drivers from the website ARE ALMOST ALWAYS more current than the CD's that are shipped with the cards. If you advise us the Make and model of your card we can show you where to DL the drivers from.

Triple6

Rob
Is the CD\DVD drive listed in Device Manager? Does it list any errors?

But the above is correct, you are probably better off getting the latest driver from the internet.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online