Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Issue with PC no longer recognising SSD and HDD

346 views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  MarcusK 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have been using my PC for over a year without issue (built myself), I turned it on today and I suddenly it comes up with Automatic start up repair.

It went through it all just to tell me that it still couldn’t find a resolution and had a Stop Code of NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

Looking this up it says that I have my hard drives formatted incorrectly for what the BIOS is set to.

I booted up the BIOS and its set to Legacy & UEFI, setting it to UEFI only and it only has the option to boot to BIOS, can’t load anything else.

I have the following:

Windows 10 64bit
MSI Z390-A PRO
i9 9900KF
Crucial P1 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD
Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2A2666C16 16GB (2x8GB) 2666MHz DDR4 X2 (32GB)
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Ventus GP, 11GB

Any other details you would like?

Marcus.

See less See more
#5 ·
Yeah, I am using Legacy & UEFI, it's the only way to get past the BIOS menus.

Yes, I have tried almost all options in Advanced Troubleshooting (aside from completely formatting the harddrives as I don't believe they should need to), Startup Repair kept coming up stating "Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC"

I also tried to do a fresh install of windows yet it comes up with "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks."

now why would it suddenly be saying this of almost a year and a half of using these disks with no issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.