1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Issue with utorrent speed

Discussion in 'Networking' started by chralph, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chralph

chralph Thread Starter

Hey chaps.

I have just got bt broadband, and a homehub v2. However I am trying to use utorrent on my desktop. The main router that is being used is a TP- Link TD-W8960N which is then plugged into a powerline adaptor. This comes out of the other powerline adapter in another room and goes into the bt homehub which I am using as a hub, the ethernet cable comes off this into the desktop.

When I use my laptop on the wireless and connect with utorrent I can get speeds of up to 1MB d/l but when I use the desktop I can only get around 10 - 20 KB's.

I have followed stuff online and set port forwarding on the homehub but I am still getting terrible speeds.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Chalph
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3325 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT/GTO, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 238464 MB, Free - 76976 MB;
    Motherboard: Intel Corporation, DG965WH, AAD41692-306, BQWH711006HU
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    For your convenience here is a copy of the rule:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/993971

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice