1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Issues after updates

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by CameronBW, Nov 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CameronBW

CameronBW Thread Starter

First Name:
    Cameron
    I have a Toshiba MB500 running the most basic version of Windows 7.
    I hadn't used my laptop for over 5 years and only received it at the end of September.
    I have been installing the Windows Updates year by year, I had installed all the 2013 with no issues.
    I have recently installed all but 5 of 2014 and some issues developed.
    All at the same time, my screen started to get these staticey horizontal coloured lines across it which then went to grey horizontal sections of the screen, I though it was a virus as it got worse if I tried to run Norton PC Checkup. There were some errors for some programs and an error about a Windows Service to do with other people logging into the PC being disabled. Now the screen is grey at bootup and you can't see anything.
    The mousepad now does nothing.
    The LAN connection has disappeared and the wireless lan connection, while appearing to be fine, can't detect any available networks despite my phone detecting heaps in the same area.
    A wireless mouse connected via a small usb dongle works and an external monitor connected to the monitor port also works.
    A restore point was created before the updates were installed, if this is not a virus, do you think it worthwhile to go back to the restore point?

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Yes.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219574

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice