1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Issues Connecting Second Monitor to Gaming PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tom2001, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Tom2001

Tom2001 Thread Starter

Hi all, (PC SPECS ARE AT THE BOTTOM)

I am currently trying to set up a secondary monitor for my Gaming PC.
    My First monitor I have been using for almost a year now and has been connected to my PC via HDMI, however my second monitor has only VGA and DVI ports. When I plug a VGA cable into my first monitor and then to my computer, no signal is given. This occurs for the second monitor as well. But when I plug my laptop into my monitor through VGA, it works perfectly. The same goes for the Second monitor.

My best guess is that my computer wont output an analog signal, but I don't have a DVI cable to test this and I don't live in a place where getting one is easy so buying a DVI cable is the last option to try out ideally.

I have tried going through Display settings to "Detect" a second monitor but it cannot find any.

My PC has 2 HDMI ports, 2 DVI and 1 VGA ports.

PC SPECS:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G4560 @ 3.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8139 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 111 GB (8 GB Free); D: 931 GB (572 GB Free);
    Motherboard: MSI, B150M GRENADE (MS-7A82)
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

2. Tom2001

Tom2001 Thread Starter

3 Hours and no response? I fixed it.

3. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi, and welcome to TSG.

We are all volunteers here, helping on our own time. Most of us are in North America. You posted at 12:36 at night when many of us are asleep.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218893

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice