1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Issues connecting to WIfi

Discussion in 'Networking' started by teanwar, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teanwar

teanwar Thread Starter

Something is wrong with my laptop. I have HP Probook 4530s. I cant connect to any wifi, nothing happens when i click on a wifi. And i cant uninstall programs since program and features tab in control panel and uninstall or change program do not work when click upon.

Also before this even when i was connected to the internet through Wifi it was showing wired connection icon with a red cross. So i had to uninstall all drivers and reinstall to fix the issue. Now i cant connect to a new wifi or remove programs.

2. CoolBurn

CoolBurn

Given the problems with control panel and what not, you may want to try a system restore point prior to the problems. To do so, press the Windows flag key + R and in the Run open field type: rstrui.exe (press enter). Follow the prompts on screen. Restore point only affects key components of Windows OS and should not affect personal data.

3. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

1. Which OS please as that model of HP - ranges from XP - although it is not that as XP did not have programs and features - through to 8.1

URL]http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5060881&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4131[/URL]

so which please in full and is it 32 or 64 bit and which wireless adapter please

2. This may provide a clue
    Could you access Control Panel Progams and features before your uninstall of all drivers. If so how did you make this uninstall

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142142

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice