Issues connecting to WIfi

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

teanwar

Something is wrong with my laptop. I have HP Probook 4530s. I cant connect to any wifi, nothing happens when i click on a wifi. And i cant uninstall programs since program and features tab in control panel and uninstall or change program do not work when click upon.

Also before this even when i was connected to the internet through Wifi it was showing wired connection icon with a red cross. So i had to uninstall all drivers and reinstall to fix the issue. Now i cant connect to a new wifi or remove programs.

Given the problems with control panel and what not, you may want to try a system restore point prior to the problems. To do so, press the Windows flag key + R and in the Run open field type: rstrui.exe (press enter). Follow the prompts on screen. Restore point only affects key components of Windows OS and should not affect personal data.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
1. Which OS please as that model of HP - ranges from XP - although it is not that as XP did not have programs and features - through to 8.1

URL]http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5060881&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4131[/URL]

so which please in full and is it 32 or 64 bit and which wireless adapter please

2. This may provide a clue
So i had to uninstall all drivers and reinstall to fix the issue. Now i cant connect to a new wifi or remove programs.
Could you access Control Panel Progams and features before your uninstall of all drivers. If so how did you make this uninstall

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online