Issues inserting audio clips and fading effect

cuttlefish

Ian
Hi folks, I'm far from an expert PowerPoint user but have nonetheless knocked up a respectable 72 slide presentation that runs very well in the timing and most aspects.

I have three audio clips (All M4A songs) I want to spread evenly across the slides being 1 per each batch of 24 slides.

No problem inserting Clip 1 and I get the little PowerPoint Window down low telling me it is messing about with the file for better performance etc. and all good, plays back perfectly via Slide Show.

I can also get the second clip to start from Slide 25 and that also works fine to slide 49 but when I try to insert the last song 3 starting on Slide 50 it seems to bypass the above PP "improvement tool bar" completely although the audio icon does attach itself to Slide 50 apparently OK.

So, now playing the entire slideshow from slide 1, everything works perfectly until I get to Slide 50 whereupon the show ceases to progress but the audio clip runs right to the end. I've deleted all the 3 audio icons, started over again but finish up with the same result, even trying them on different number slides.

So I'm kind of intrigued why two audio clips can be inserted OK but the third one simply won't work? I'm able to play all these songs through my media player and no problem at all, as in no corruption etc. plus I don't change any settings from S2 to S3 slides packages , just use what worked before!

I have to admit I get a bit lost with all the effects/time/after previous/with previous settings so can only assume I am missing a step here somewhere.

To muddy the waters further, whilst the audio clips work when I start the slide show from the beginning, if I try to run the show from any other slide there is no song at all even though I have "across all slides" selected.

I've done my homework on Google and You Tube but getting nowhere as yet!

The fading issue is probably the least of my worries at the moment so I might come back to that once I get the audio bit worked out.

Many thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online