1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Issues just started when i play WOW

Discussion in 'Games' started by Gamergirl82, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gamergirl82

Gamergirl82 Thread Starter

My laptop is pretty new i got it less than a year ago. it is a toshiba satellite with windows 7. I have been playing wow on it since i got it ive never had probs in fact it was the best game play ive had with this comp. just a few days ago i was playing and then my screen went black and the power button turned yellow. I clicked on the power button and it came back on to my log on screen so i logged in and i was still in my game playing online and all. at first i thought it could be from over heating so i cleaned the fan and the surrounding area plus i got a laptop cooler the belkin one that goes under and is curved so air flows through. well that i thought worked. I noticed it would do it again but only when i would get into combat. so then i got rid of a bunch of addons for the game and thoroughly cleaned the comp files ext defragged and got an optimizer that i can put my comp into gaming mode so it turns off things that would bog down my playing. for a little bit it seemed to work but then it just did it again and the laptop isnt overheating and it comes back on like nothing happened but its really getting annoying plz help me what the hell is going on????

2. Chill3rek

Chill3rek

I had the same problem with my laptop and ironically i have the same exact laptop. I had no idea what in the world was going on. I don't suggest doing this. And for the matter of fact, DON'T..But i re-installed and de-graded to xp. And every game works. My brother said what was wrong was that the computer could not handle gaming. As we all know for gaming. A laptop is not the best choice. If anything the worst. But this is pretty useless because i don't have an answer. Im sure you can find an answer on their forums ^.^

3. Masta Squidge

Masta Squidge

Sounds like you are accidentally putting the computer into sleep mode.

You say it happens when you go into combat, maybe you are accidentally pushing some combination of keys which also happens to be the hotkey to put the laptop to sleep. Check your keybinds. Wow player tend to use various combinations of keystrokes for in game actions (I play too) and sometimes they conflict with other functions.

4. Gamergirl82

well its deff not that because last night i played all night long and no issues so i thought hey maybe when i rebooted the bios updated version i got even though it was the same version cuz mine was up to date worked.. well just a few mins ago i wasnt even playing a game im on the net doing my school work and i have multiple browser tabs up and word to type in thats it. It just did it and surprised me cuz that was a first so i clicked the button it came right back on like nothing was wrong and now here i am writing back on here......plz someone help this comp is my lifeline and i need it for school im close to graduation

5. Gamergirl82

well my comp has got diff symptoms from before it did it when i wasnt playing any games i was on a browser. Then one time when the screen went black and the power light went orange i didnt touch anything and the light went green again and my screen came back on. Well i turned all sleep/hibernate settings to never go on and for a day no issues. well today the screen goes black but i move/tilt/jiggle it and my screen comes back on and the light never changes. so i really dont know what the hell is going on!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976835

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice