1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Issues playing games online

Discussion in 'Networking' started by cartoonian, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cartoonian

cartoonian Thread Starter

Hello, I have an HP - Pavilion dv4-1548dx that I have had for around 2 years. about two months ago I tried to play one of my games online and all of the sudden my computer got a blue screen and restarted. I was shocked and didn't know what to do so I tried to play it again and the same thing happened. I completely stopped playing all of my games as all of them were online based and would cause my computer to crash. Once restarting it would say something about a 104 error. I have tried clearing my computer and re-installing windows to no avail. I was wondering if anyone could help.
    If there is any other information needed just reply. Thanks for helping

2. Mark1956

Mark1956

BSOD's can be due to many more causes than that Joe, although RAM problems are very common. If the 104 error code quoted by the OP is correct then it will most likely be the video driver.

Cartoonian, please follow this small guide to attach your minidump files so they can be analysed.

3. cartoonian

Here you are, just like you asked.

Attached Files:

4. Mark1956

Mark1956

Well looks like Joe was correct, his post has dissapeared so he was probably a spammer.

There are a mixture of errors in these minidumps which usually indicates bad RAM and one of them does clearly state Memory Corruption.

Please follow this guide to test your memory.

5. Mark1956

Mark1956

I forgot to mention that you should check that Windows Update is turned on, your system details in the dumps are not showing Service Pack 1 as being installed. I guess this is due to you re-installing.

6. cartoonian

can't figure out my RAM stick model is

7. Mark1956

Mark1956

Don't worry about that for now just run the test.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025952

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice