1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Issues Streaming Videos Online

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Sinema, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinema

Sinema Thread Starter

Hey Folks,

I wish I were a computer tech but most of the things I fix and improve I find through google :) However, in this case I am at my wits end and cannot figure out what's going on.

A few days ago streaming at some of my favorite sites have slowed down and even stopped. I used to be able to click on a YouTube link and it would load quickly, I used to visit various sites like hulu and netflix and click a link and it would load in no time. Now it can take a looooong time to load and several cam streaming sites I used to visit they load very slow and very choppy. I've contacted my Internet Provide ( AT&T ) and they have ran all kinds of tests on my line and even switched out my modem and still I'm having this issue.

It's very odd but last night I was up late and wanted to watch a movie and tried my luck and my streaming worked great! When I woke in the morning the streaming was back to the choppy mess I've been trying to fix.

Below is my systems information on my laptop

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name PUBLIC-PC
    System Manufacturer TOSHIBA
    System Model Satellite L555
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz, 2200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date TOSHIBA V1.90, 12/18/2009
    SMBIOS Version 2.5
    Windows Directory C:\windows
    System Directory C:\windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
    User Name PUBLIC-PC\Work
    Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 3.84 GB
    Available Physical Memory 2.46 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 7.68 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 5.56 GB
    Page File Space 3.84 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/986867

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice