issues with 2 CD drives

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Scoliosis

for some reason whenever i plug my CD rom drives in my comp doesnt boot. I checked the cables one at a time and for some reason when the master is in the comp doesnt wanna boot up. Only the slave works. is this a problem with the ATA cable or the CD drive. When both drives are plugged in i go to the BIOS to see if there is something i can do there but for somereason i can only see the slave CD drive. Is something wrong with the ATA cable.

Did you set the jumpers correct? If you've got one Master and the other Slave, or both set to Cable Select, then try a different 80 wire ribbon cable.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online