1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Issues with a Motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Angron, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angron

Angron Thread Starter

Right, this isn't a specific hardware issue, i have had a few computers at work i have had to attempt to fix.
    I had a particular computer that wouldn't show any POST screen and there would be no POST beep at start-up.

Me and a work friend decided to try different components in the motherboard, we tried a wide range and variety of products, including power supplies, memory, CPU, heatsink, graphics cards and fans. This all lead to various results.. sometimes the fans would spin then stop??? other times the machine would just stay dead with no reaction? the best result we got was removing the RAM and CPU turning it on,and being welcomed by a series of beeps (guessing its just making us aware theres no memory)
    so now we get down to the real question... Is this motherboard a right off?
    i'd like to know your thoughts :)

2. BG-0

BG-0

Well, it seems quite apparent that the MB is busted...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754381

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice