1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Issues with Dell 11z beeping?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by katiebluck, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katiebluck

katiebluck Thread Starter

I have a Dell inspiron 11z that was downloading on itunes this afternoon. The laptop then crashed and on reboot would not come on just gave a beeping. If i unplugg the laptop charger and turn on the laptop it beeps once an turns it self off. Where as if i leave it plugged in it beeps in cycles of 7.
    Any surgestions?

2. olryst

olryst

Take a look at this page

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/opgx620/en/ug/tools00.htm

Move down the page untill you see beep codes, then listen to the beeps your getting and match it on the chart.

If you have the manuel there might be something on beep codes in there.

Another thing you can try is to make sure the RAM is seated properly, it will be behind a small screw off cover on the bottom of the laptop

Only do this if you feel comfortable doing it and unplug it first.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975103

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice