1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Issues with dvd drive

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ejrives, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejrives

ejrives Thread Starter

Hi all ,
    Computer is a Dell E-510 running XP Media Center SP2:

Lately I have noticed that when putting any CD or DVD in to my drive that after using it and ejecting the title of the disc still stays under my computer under D:\

So say if I put in a movie ,"Dvd-Drive D:" ,under my computer turns into the title name after inserting the disc, in this example "Mr_Show_Season_3" after ejecting it should go back to
    "Dvd-Drive D:" However it does not. It still reads as the title of the DVD. Even if I put a new a CD or DVD in it will open the application to view the DVD that was previously in. I've never see n this before and tried to reinstall the drivers for the drive with no success. The only way the drive is usable is if I reboot and insert another disc. It's like the cache isn't clearing on the DVD-ROM, but since I'm not a harware guru I have no Idea.Thanks in advance.

2. ejrives

ejrives Thread Starter

I forgot the mention that there is nothing in the event log either :(

3. devil_himself

devil_himself

*************IMPORTANT***************
    BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY Before TRYING
    Start >> RUn >> regedit /e c:\registrybackup.reg
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Enable Auto Insert Notification for CD Drives
    Navigate to the following Registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom
    • Double-click Autorun
    • Make sure the value is set to "1" under Value Data.
    • Navigate to the following registry key:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597648

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice