1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Issues with everything duplicated on One drive and my PC

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by cuttlefish, Aug 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cuttlefish

cuttlefish Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ian
    Apologies if I have chosen the wrong forum here …… seems the closest I could find!

I have sorted out all my photos into year order e.g. 1972-3-4-5 through to 2018.

They are stored in their appropriate folders on my PC under: My Documents/Pictures

They are also backed up to OneDrive - that I hate with a vengeance - under similar name and path!

Anyhow, I went through each and every one of them and after checking the contents of each one - deleting/adding pics etc - I renamed them from say 1975 to 1975 ok - meaning the "ok" designated that folder was all done and dusted!

All finished and everything looked great until this morning until I cranked up the old WIN 10 PC and found that every single folder had been duplicated back to square one again!

Like 1975 was now: 1975 and 1975 ok, right through to 2018!

To make it worse the contents of the "old folder" before renaming had all the photos that I had so carefully cleaned out and reorganized back as they were originally!

I do have my save options set to save all photos to OneDrive but shock horror, they also had the duplicated folders there as well!

I am going nuts, I really am! I can delete one of the duplicate yearly folders, restart the PC and back it pops again!

The left side of File explorer looks something like this:

1975 (these without the "ok" all have the "old" photos b4 I edited them)
    1975 ok
    1976 ok
    1977 ok

………………. on both My Docs x Pictures and OneDrive x Pictures and to repeat, the contents of each duplicate folder are slightly different even though they were identical when I did all the work on them,

I actually used Explorer to lay them side by side to make sure they were identical, but on booting up the PC, back they all were again!

Next option is the chainsaw!!

Many thanks, hope the above is clear enough!

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

As for your issue, I can't give any advice on how to correct/fix your Onedrive problem....just what I do and use and it works well for me.

I've never liked MS's Onedrive for that very reason and others. So I've dumped that and settled for Googles cloud version. I use Googles "Backup and Sync" for PC. If you use a android mobile phone and have Photo's setup up with a gmail account.....any photo taken and saved to Photo's is now on your PC with "Backup and Sync". It's very simple to use and storage is 15 GB which is 10 GB more than MS. I also bought the 100 GB extra storage.

I set up my folders how I like and set up my pictures how I like and it never duplicates anything and stays exactly how I set them up. There's a little icon that resides on the taskbar next to the clock for easy access. Have a look through this videos.........

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=google+backup+and+sync

3. cuttlefish

cuttlefish Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ian
    Thanks for the reply!

Yep, I'm sick of all the clouds and drives out there!

Don't trust any of them any more and can never seem to get them to sync!

Going back to my old and trusty Corsair external drive and just do an old fashioned back up from my PC HDD.

At least I know where everything is!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214944

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice