1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Issues with Gaming and Display

Discussion in 'Games' started by LenioCrimsonStar, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LenioCrimsonStar

LenioCrimsonStar Thread Starter

First Name:
    Lenio
    So I have this issue relating my PC, my specifications are Windows 8.1 64 bits, 12GB RAM, and Intel i5 4570 3.2Ghz Processor and a NVIDIA GTX 650 2GB almost 4 year old graphics card, drivers up to date and in optimal conditions regarding temperature.
    The issue by itself is freezes during 3D gameplay that often come up with "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" which varies in some games apparently as the error is shown differently in different applications either by a freeze with sound or a crash to desktop with some kind of message like in this new game I tried MapleStory2 which gives me "Failed to restore Screen, Restart Game" box when it freezes and I alt tab out of it, I can go hours fine without having a crash but it's really random how often it crashes/freezes on me with sound, I think I can rule out hardware issues and I've tried everything I've found in the internet, Tldr Delay, Downloading new drivers, using older drivers, making sure none of the NVIDIA settings are in optimal power neither Window's, checked for Malware, Did a disk check, did a clean install of drivers too, checked the integrity of my files, made sure it wasn't overclocked, I tried everything, literally everything and I'm really hopeless since I've been running with this issue for months now, something I noticed one time was that when I removed my Video card and installed it again the crashes stopped although performance was worsened because the thermal paste was dried up and I had to repaste it and put it back again, once I did that the PC returned to its usual faulty state, I'm really not able to do a clean install as of the moment because of all the important personal files I have in my hard disk, but it's a possibility I guess because this is really frustrating and that seems like the only way, overall I just want to play again normally and this is definitively not letting me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229174

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice