1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Issues With Internet problems.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Mxwhite484, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mxwhite484

Mxwhite484 Thread Starter

So I was having problems with some program changing my proxy settings.

To fix this I booted in networking save mode and changed the proxy settings and restarted my computer in regular mode. and turned the proxy off.

then I remembered that I needed to go to school today and my internet wasnt working at schoool till I remembered that school has a proxy. I entered the settings into my browser settings and clicked ok, and refreshed, and It still didnt work.

So I went back to look at the settings and it said there was no proxy on even though I turned it on.

So how Do I change it back so I can switch the proxy on and off from the browser without booting in save mode.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142369

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice