1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Issues with new video card?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Zenoxio, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zenoxio

Zenoxio Thread Starter

I'm having some problems with display. I bought a new video card (GeForce 6200 OC), and there are really weird blank dashes across a lot of things. Images etc. Example: Here's an image that's normal without a problem:
    [​IMG]

Now, when I view it it appears like this: (this is a Print Screen)
    [​IMG]

This is all over a lot of things. It's not like it's saved in the files, just an issue with something being displayed. The black dashes don't stay in the same spot, they move if I zoom out etc. Never happened with old video card. I've already updated the drivers, but the problem still exists. Any ideas what's wrong, or how to fix this?

2. sockey99

sockey99

Was the cadr new-in-the box wrapped in celephane or used? I've seen this on over over-clocked cards.

3. Zenoxio

Zenoxio Thread Starter

It was brand new.

4. sockey99

sockey99

If it was mine I would return it before exposing myself to the risks of a bad flash which turns the MB into a placemat. If the second card gives the same results, then try a flash,my opinion.

5. Zenoxio

Zenoxio Thread Starter

Return it and do what? Exchange for the same thing?

6. Zenoxio

Zenoxio Thread Starter

Okay I just found that I have the latest BIOS. I was told by support to update, so that's already done... But of course the problem still persists.

7. inuyasha320

inuyasha320

the card may be damaged or the drivers are messed up.

does it happen in the bios screen? if not then it may be a driver problem and you should download and install the latest drivers

PS the latest nvidia drivers contain nvidia ads tht pop up and bother you. this is how to fix that

(i am razor512 on the g4tv forums if you need any info on those instructions, you can ask here)

i included screenshots of the ads. they pupup trying to get people to buy a new overpriced card and do not stop until you msconfig and regedit it out.

http://forums.g4tv.com/messageview.cfm?catid=64&threadid=610899&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

8. Zenoxio

Zenoxio Thread Starter

I tried updating to the latest drivers, BIOS, and chipset. The problem still persisted. So I returned the video card and got the same one (thinking it was defective). But the problem still exists.

Anyone have any ideas?

9. Zenoxio

Zenoxio Thread Starter

Anyone?

10. Zenoxio

Zenoxio Thread Starter

Anyone at all? The official support is no help, they said to replace it with a new one and that doesn't help as I said.

11. Zenoxio

Zenoxio Thread Starter

I went to BestBuy to ask, but they didn't help much. Anyone?

12. Zenoxio

Zenoxio Thread Starter

13. Zenoxio

Zenoxio Thread Starter

Anyone?

14. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

I would take the card back and have the store test run the card and see if it dows the same thing there, if it does the same thing there ask for another video card of a different model or get your bucks back. One other thing you can do before the above is to call tech support for nVidia and check this problem out with them they might just have the fix for it, it looks like a driver problem too me and they might just have an updated driver that will work.

15. Zenoxio

Zenoxio Thread Starter

The store has no other PCI models that aren't as good.

I did talk to tech support, they want me to return it so they can give me the same exact card because they think it's defective.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484124

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice