1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Issues with screen brightness during startup

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jmh464, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmh464

jmh464 Thread Starter

Jul 25, 2007
    In the last week I've been having two new issues with my computer that I hadn't previously experienced. The major one was related to my wireless adapter and with the help of others on the network connection forum have discovered it was being caused by a conflict with Norton 360.

The second is related to my screen auto dimming the moment of my first key strike when entering my password. I am running a HP pavilion dv6t-7000 on Windows 7. I have turned off the power saving feature on my Intel graphics control panel. Any ideas on what could be causing this would be much appreciated as it is annoying to have to adjust the brightness every time I turn on the computer.

2. plodr

Jun 27, 2014
    First Name:
    Does it react the same plugged in or with battery only?
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144075