1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Issues with SIMS 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by the1mikeace, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. the1mikeace

the1mikeace Thread Starter

I hope someone can answer this question for me. I have installed the SIMS 2 into my computer with virtually no issues. It started and ran but all the graphics were coming in choppy and it was running extremely slow. I figured it was my video card so I placed a newer and better card in my computer. I was having some issues but after sometime was able to run the program. Once I was in Sims 2 and everything loaded and I was able to get to the town section where you select where you would like to build your house the computer would shut down and reboot. I can not figure out why. Does anyone have any suggestions. I am very confused... :confused:

2. CoasterFreak

CoasterFreak

First Name:
    Everett
    I am really good with troubleshooting Maxis games. Give me your computer specs and I should be able to help you.

3. the1mikeace

I am sorry I know how the basics of running a computer but that is about it. What specifics did you need and I can give them to you. Thanks for taking the time to help. It is greatly appreciated! :D

4. CoasterFreak

CoasterFreak

First Name:
    Everett
    Sorry for late response: I need how much RAM (memory) you have, your processor, how big is your hard drive, your video card, and operating system.

5. the1mikeace

Thank you for your response. I have a Compact Presario 5000 series with 64mb of memory, a 20 gig hard drive, 56k modeum. It has 700mzh amd duron processor. The video card is an NVIDIA GEForce F5200. I hope all of this helps if you need any further info just let me know. Thanks again ;)

6. CoasterFreak

CoasterFreak

First Name:
    Everett
    Here, I am going to compare your specs to the Game's specs.
    Operating System - Most Likely PASS
    CPU/Processor - FAIL
    RAM/Memory - FAIL (Upgrade to "at least" 256 MB, but I recommend 512MB**)
    Disc Drive - PASS
    Hard Drive - PASS (Consider an upgrade to 40GB+)
    Video - PASS
    Sound - UNCONFIRMED

**Check with the documentation that came with your motherboard to ensure you can run 512MB of RAM.

As you can see, you do not meet the minimum system requirements. I am a pretty good way pass the system requirements and I still experience some problems. For the time being, to make sure this game runs a little better, make sure ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is runnign in the background (uses RAM) because Maxis games are memory hogs.

If you need anymore help, feel free to ask.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276146

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice