1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Issues with Windows Aero and Event Log... but not really...?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by astroman1977, Mar 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. astroman1977

astroman1977 Thread Starter

So I did a search, and it looks like I'm not the first with this issue, but unfortunately the solution was never posted.

When I log in, I get the following error:

"Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service did not respond."

The other symptom is that my desktop theme goes to basic, High Contrast... Windows Aero is not enabled. When I try to enable it, I am told that the Desktop Window Manager service is disabled. When I try to enable it, it's actually already enabled, set to Auto. I disable and re-enable, successfully (i.e. it doesn't crash), but nothing happens.

Also, when I check the System Event Notification Service to ensure it's up, it actually is up, and I can check the logs for errors. Nothing in it seems to be related to Aero, but there are some errors Windows Audio Service hanging (event id 7022, no actual issues... I've used a music service and Skype) and DCOM (event 10016).

I really don't know what I would have changed to cause the error, but I've Restored back to before the error and this didn't help. Don't know where to look at this point. Any help is appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144494

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice