1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bernardus, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bernardus

bernardus Thread Starter

Oct 13, 2004
    My Pc Start programmes update shows a ISUSPM.exe updater.
    Is this legal or malicious?
    I have had Regseeker search for all register keys and deleted them, but stored in a quarantaine folder.
    I can't find this malware in the usual folders

Purpose of this file:
    This is a program which is from a company called Macrovision. The actual disk location is shown below, always verify the location to make sure it is not spware, as the file should be located as shown. The purpose of this program is to check for the latest updates from Macrovision.

What is the isuspm.exe location, where is it stored on my computer?
    This file will be found on your hard drive at C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe
  2. stantley

May 22, 2005
    That's legit, it's the InstallShield update program. InstallShield is used to by some applications to run the install process. It's one of those startup programs that isn't really neccessary.
  3. The_Oracle

May 20, 2007
    isuspm.exe is a process that belongs InstallShield from Macrovision. The process automatically checks for the latest updates online. By removing this process you will not get informed about the latest updates for InstallShield.

so what? :)
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/578224