1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"IT" is nothing but "SH*T"

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by DNeurococo, Dec 3, 2001.

Advertisement
  1. DNeurococo

DNeurococo Thread Starter

Well, we've finally seen the long awaited and much hyped "IT" invention. What do you guys think?

I am very disappointed. A scooter. Big f---ing deal! Seems like a waste. Outside of the neat "balancing" function, not much to it.

It is supposed to cost over $3,000! Do you really want to spend that much when you can get an electric powered "razor" type scooter that will go faster, be lighter, controls almost as easily, and costs about $250?

2. angel

angel

I dunno. Definitely not what I expected but still pretty neat in that it's supposed to know what you're thinking. No brakes, accelerator, etc. I wonder how they do that...

3. littlemar

littlemar

Have you seen anything about brakes? How do you stop this "IT" and what's wrong with walking. I could never get that lazy.

:confused: littlemar

4. marioh

marioh

What a waste of time.
    Instead of wasting their time inventing crap like that, how about they spend their time inventing alternate energy sources so that we're not dependent on foreign oil.

5. robcaro

robcaro

I believe that it will never replace the bike, scooter, motorcycle or car. How will a person keep dry if it begins to rain? $3000 is too much to spend on a fancy morotized scooter. I suppose there are a few that will buy it, but I don't think it is going to catch on and be a wonderful mode of transportation. It will also be vulnerable to thievery. I, for one vote no on "IT". :rolleyes:

6. DNeurococo

DNeurococo Thread Starter

I forgot to mention that an electric powered "razor" scooter has a longer range too!

It DOESN'T "read your mind" anymore than a computer reads your mind when you click on the place you want to go! The "IT" scooter is controlled by leaning forward, backward, right, left. You brake when you stop leaning and come back to the verticle. Now, that's KINDA cool, but why pay $3,000 for it? You HAVE to keep you hands on a handle-bar type thingy anyhow (to keep your balance), so you might as well have a hand-throttle and hand brake, and save yourself the $3,000!

BTW, when I was in school, my "bio-tech" science room-mate was experimenting with a thing that came much closer to "reading your mind". You could attach electrodes to your body and move a cursor on a screen by "thinking" of which way it should go! It took a bit of practice, but it worked! Never knew what became of that idea, tho. . .

7. Mulderator

Mulderator

My God Marioh, don't get DN started!! :)

8. deuce

deuce

Yeah... actually we would all be in danger of a brawl... :D and I would unfortunately be so inclined to enter the heated debate... :( :D

9. wen

wen

i couldn't work out what you guys were on about.

they've just shown them on GMTV this morning, i suppose you'll have to add another £2000 on top for our price. looks pretty pants though.

do you remember the hover board that they had at the Sydney olympics - in the opening and closing ceremonies - you can buy one of those for £17000. duh!

wen

10. littlemar

littlemar

11. Dark Star

Dark Star

I'll wait for the generic version to become available at Wal-Mart, shouldn't be too long before "It's" down to $299.00.
    Otherwise it's overpriced........
    Kinda reminds me of the Jetsons cartoons.

We're looking for better, cheaper, faster. Right?

DN,
    What is a "Razor"? I'm guessing an electric bike, is it?

DS

12. littlemar

littlemar

Now that you mention it - it does! Now I want them to get my dogs to walk themselves on my treadmill.

:D :D ;)

13. Lurker1

Lurker1

Yeah this gets my NO vote also.

It seems to have small tires and in the spring we have potholes that would eat the entire unit. I don't think it would do to well on snow or ice. Looks like one wheel slips and boom you are flat on your face. I certainly wouldn't want to use one in the traffic around here (unless I had a death wish). Most warehouses already have electric fork lifts that have a better load capacity than this. (75 LBS). It might have a limited use in airports or large shopping malls if they could find a way of stopping people from taking it when you were in a store.

14. littlemar

littlemar

Don't forget all the people you could run over.

:D

15. Dark Star

Dark Star

Lurker1,

"I don't think it would do to well on snow or ice"

......well you know they do have the studded tire version. :D

I was thinking these things might have some useful application what that is I'm not sure. I'd rather walk though. ;)

Mary,

"Now I want them to get my dogs to walk themselves on my treadmill."

Nah, that's only on the "Jetsons".......I wish I could remember the dogs name. hehehe

Dark Duck

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60531

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice