1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

it keeps piling on!!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by bamakodaker, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bamakodaker

bamakodaker Thread Starter

:confused:
    Where to start? (My provider is BellSouth, Compaq Presario 5150{bought refurb, no software CD's}, Win98, Nortons Systemworks 2002 - yes, all old but been working, till now - hmmm, what's that title? Keeps piling on??)
    Discovered I had something called jobcheck running on my computer, BellSouth no help. Stumbled onto Charter (Cable) site to discover jobcheck was connected with Support.com, they included information to remove Suport.com. By searching I discovered some BellSouth folders were within the Support.com folder. I pulled the BellSouth folder out of the Support.com folder. I went ahead and used Charter instructions to remove Support.com (add/remove). Those items removed are in Trash but not deleted. I then used DiskDoctor and WinDoctor.
    Within my Program Files I still have folder called Support.com. It takes WAY longer to start computer, sometimes see Windows DOS message about missing files. When I started my Email program (Outlook Express) I am now missing all "saved" Email - anything in Delete, Out, Saved - whatever. Just like I had first started using Outlook. I also no longer have ANY history in GoBack so I can't simply revert!!
    Since I have old version of Nortons, they are no help. I can not reach anyone in BellSouth with enough knowledge to tell me about folders or files placement.
    Anyone brave enough to tackle this??

2. opopanax

opopanax

Of course, its pretty obvious. U had spyware on ur comp. Try using Spybot and Ad-aware to scan ur comp. Remove Norton and install another better antivirus like Bitdefender. Upgrade to WinXp, its got better security on the net than 98.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325596

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice