1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

It worked yesterday

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Silasostap, Nov 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silasostap

Silasostap Thread Starter

Gigabyte GA-78lmt usb3 rev 6 Motherboard
    Zotac gtx 1050ti oc videocard
    AmD fx 6300 < liquid cooled with custom loop

Shut down pc last night, this morning went to start it up and it posts and boots normal but wont load windows. Dose not say there's no boot drive, I remove hard drive and it shows as no o.s I would post a video of start up but I cant seem to do that.. I've tried to reset bios, and cmos. Tried 2 differnt monitors on both 1050 and on board video both with dvd-i and hdmi. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

If you unplugged the hard drive, how do you find out there is no OS? Did you plug it into another computer?

When it is booting, does it reach the stage where it shows the Windows logo?

3. Silasostap

Silasostap Thread Starter

when I unplugged the hard drive the message on the screen was there was no boot drive, sorry I should have worded that better. however after a day at work thinking about it I decided to try to install my OS from a usb onto the drive, it didn't even start to try to work, so I tried a different hard drive and I was able to get it going. so apparently over clocking a cpu can somehow effect a SSHD? I don't think that's at all correct but my SSHD died overnight with absolutely no signs of failure.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219504

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice