1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

its driving me crazy!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by pmd14, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pmd14

pmd14 Thread Starter

I'm having a problem loading the motherboard software - using the express installer. Its an Intel board that claims to have USB 2.0 type ports, however after I had the OS installed etc. I pluged in my iPod only to get an error saying I had a fast device plugged into a slow port.
    I then remembered I had forgotten to install the MB software, aso I tried to install using the Express installer CD that came with the board. This got about 50% through and then put the system into shutdown, upon re-start you get to the windows start up screen and then nothing, you never reach the login screen.
    So I decided to start at the beginning again and re-loaded the OS. So I was back getting the same USB error. Then I tried installing the MB software manually (as recommended on the Intel site) but again I have the same issue. So to get anywhere I need to install the OS again.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Do I need to get the MB software loaded first? and if so how do I wipe the HD in order to do that.
    Or
    With the OS installed how do I install the MB stuff and get the USB ports functioning properly?

2. klnaj

klnaj

The reason why you are getting the message is because your motherboard might not support USB 2.0 speed.

Read this forum http://forums.techguy.org/t340223.html and you should be able to find out whether your motherboard can support USB 2.0.

3. pmd14

pmd14 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I checked and it does support USB 2.0 speed so must be something else, any ideas?

Thanks
    Patricia

4. bluecast

bluecast

Make sure you are plugging into the USB port attached to the motherboard, found on the backside of the computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/358399

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice