It's Tax Time!

Gibble

Thread Starter
Joined
Oct 9, 2001
Messages
27,087
wacor said:
Even scarier in MI !!

Now they are proposing a 5% tax on services. :mad:
:rolleyes: Uh...I don't think you're grasping how much we pay in tax here in Canada...
 

wacor

Banned
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
27,340
Gibble said:
:rolleyes: Uh...I don't think you're grasping how much we pay in tax here in Canada...
Yeah I do actually..

I feel your pain.

You have what do they call it? value added tax?

Remember we already have a 6% sales tax. This means in effect we could pay 11% tax for some services when you add the two.

and also we have one of the higher property tax rate structures in the country.
 
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
6,118
Gibble said:
:rolleyes: Uh...I don't think you're grasping how much we pay in tax here in Canada...
Oh... it's not that bad.

At least we get free health care out of it. (y)
 

Guyzer

Guy
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
12,131
wacor said:
Y

Remember we already have a 6% sales tax. This means in effect we could pay 11% tax for some services when you add the two.
You have a good deal I would say.
We have been paying at least 7% provincial ( some more, Alberta nothing ) and 7 % federal sales tax for years. The feds just reduced the rate to 6% a few months back.
 
Joined
Aug 12, 2006
Messages
17,421
who was the guy getting kicked the guy that works for the tax company or someone who did not pay there tax
 

wacor

Banned
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
27,340
Wimpy369 said:
You have a good deal I would say.
We have been paying at least 7% provincial ( some more, Alberta nothing ) and 7 % federal sales tax for years. The feds just reduced the rate to 6% a few months back.
Just curious.

On a house worth lets say $100,000 what would property taxes be?
 

Guyzer

Guy
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
12,131
wacor said:
Just curious.

On a house worth lets say $100,000 what would property taxes be?
Depends where in Canada a person lives. We gotz us a whole lot of land with varied rates but in my area it is .. Real Property Tax Rates 8.21930 : $ per $1000 of Assessed Property

btw... you can't find a house for that kind of money in my area and what you see above is just the tip of the iceberg.
 
Joined
Jul 25, 2004
Messages
3,440
Avianca said:
Oh... it's not that bad.

At least we get free health care out of it. (y)
Right we have free health care. The our doctors are getting old and they want to retire. And there is no one to replace them. There are so many foreign doctors immigrating into this country. They come in the hope that they will be able to practice medicine here. We all know how that is going. Some of them are delivery pizza, or driving taxi.

In the last election one of the parties campaigned that they would make it easier for foreign doctors to get their license here. But I think that was all talk, so they would get votes.

If you are sick and have no family doctor, you go to a walk in clinic or the emergency, were you can be waiting all day.

I heard that a pregnant lady went to emergency. She was bleeding, and she was told to wait, they would get to here when they can. She ended up miscarrying in the bathroom. Then they had time for her. :eek: :mad:
 

wacor

Banned
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
27,340
Being near Canada we hear a lot of good and bad about the Canadian health care system.

For example we hear that people come over to get care here because of the delay in treatment in Canada.

any thoughts on that??
 
Joined
Aug 12, 2006
Messages
17,421
Bush Lady said:
Right we have free health care. The our doctors are getting old and they want to retire. And there is no one to replace them. There are so many foreign doctors immigrating into this country. They come in the hope that they will be able to practice medicine here. We all know how that is going. Some of them are delivery pizza, or driving taxi.

In the last election one of the parties campaigned that they would make it easier for foreign doctors to get their license here. But I think that was all talk, so they would get votes.

If you are sick and have no family doctor, you go to a walk in clinic or the emergency, were you can be waiting all day.

I heard that a pregnant lady went to emergency. She was bleeding, and she was told to wait, they would get to here when they can. She ended up miscarrying in the bathroom. Then they had time for her. :eek: :mad:
did she sue the hospital for mal-practice. That what I would do is sue them.:mad:
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Top