1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

It's Tax Time!

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Gibble, Jan 25, 2007.

Advertisement
  1. Gibble

Gibble Thread Starter

2. Stoner

Stoner Banned

That was pretty funny, Gibble :D

3. Gibble

Gibble Thread Starter

It's scary eh...the amount we pay in taxes!

4. wacor

wacor Banned

Even scarier in MI !!

Now they are proposing a 5% tax on services. :mad:

5. Gibble

Gibble Thread Starter

:rolleyes: Uh...I don't think you're grasping how much we pay in tax here in Canada...

6. wacor

wacor Banned

Yeah I do actually..

I feel your pain.

You have what do they call it? value added tax?

Remember we already have a 6% sales tax. This means in effect we could pay 11% tax for some services when you add the two.

and also we have one of the higher property tax rate structures in the country.

7. ACA529

ACA529

Oh... it's not that bad.

At least we get free health care out of it. (y)

8. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    You have a good deal I would say.
    We have been paying at least 7% provincial ( some more, Alberta nothing ) and 7 % federal sales tax for years. The feds just reduced the rate to 6% a few months back.

9. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Ain't nothin' free....................

10. lexmarks567

lexmarks567

who was the guy getting kicked the guy that works for the tax company or someone who did not pay there tax

11. wacor

wacor Banned

Just curious.

On a house worth lets say $100,000 what would property taxes be?

12. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Depends where in Canada a person lives. We gotz us a whole lot of land with varied rates but in my area it is .. Real Property Tax Rates 8.21930 : $ per $1000 of Assessed Property

btw... you can't find a house for that kind of money in my area and what you see above is just the tip of the iceberg.

13. Bush Lady

Bush Lady

Right we have free health care. The our doctors are getting old and they want to retire. And there is no one to replace them. There are so many foreign doctors immigrating into this country. They come in the hope that they will be able to practice medicine here. We all know how that is going. Some of them are delivery pizza, or driving taxi.

In the last election one of the parties campaigned that they would make it easier for foreign doctors to get their license here. But I think that was all talk, so they would get votes.

If you are sick and have no family doctor, you go to a walk in clinic or the emergency, were you can be waiting all day.

I heard that a pregnant lady went to emergency. She was bleeding, and she was told to wait, they would get to here when they can. She ended up miscarrying in the bathroom. Then they had time for her. :eek: :mad:

14. wacor

wacor Banned

Being near Canada we hear a lot of good and bad about the Canadian health care system.

For example we hear that people come over to get care here because of the delay in treatment in Canada.

any thoughts on that??

15. lexmarks567

lexmarks567

did she sue the hospital for mal-practice. That what I would do is sue them.:mad:

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538280

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice